calilogo.png

Deja vu all over again...

Ever walk into a room and have this overwhelming feeling that you had been there before? Even though you KNOW that you never have? I wonder if that is how Christian Challiner felt as he took the checkered flag this weekend at Milwaukee in the Euro Region Tony Bettenhausen 200. The parallels between the 1963 race and the 2019 one are downright crazy. Jim Clark vs Christian Challiner Country - British Age - Clark 27, Challiner 26 Pole - Both Laps Led - ALL 200 BOTH Lapped the field - Clark lapped everyone but AJ Foyt and Challiner lapped everyone! If Clark was watching...no doubt he was smiling. After all, it was like... Deja vu all over again. With his win, Clark literally ushered in

The Great Race - Aussie style

Ask any Australian what the most important motor race of the year is and 99% will say the Bathurst 1000 - and the other 1% will say the Bathurst 12 hours. The race concept started in 1960 but moved to Bathurst in 1963. The early races were for touring cars but since 1997 the race has been for V8 Supercars. Since then, the race has been a "holy ground" for the war that consumes most Australian car worshippers - are you a Ford or Holden fan? Holden have 33 wins, Ford 20 and everyone else very few - the last win by a manufacturer other than Holden or Ford was 1998! The most famous, and revered, driver is Peter Brock. He won 9 times (all in Holdens) and since his death in 2006 the winners trophy

2019 MAJORS PLAYOFFS

This is just personal opinion, but I found myself less and less interested in NASCAR after they instituted the Chase. Maybe just old school, but I prefer championships to be won by the best driver over the course of a season. Sometimes that means they have lots of wins, sometimes that means they have no wins, but pre-chase, I don't think you can go back to any year and say that the champion wasn't the most deserving driver. In the Majors Series our Mario Andretti Champions will ALWAYS be determined by a season long points battle. That said, with multiple regions and hundreds of drivers a season ending showdown is just a natural fit. And so we introduce to you, a re-imagined finale. When the

Fight to the finish

A quick glance at the standings might suggest with three rounds to go that the battles are over and the victories are at hand. While the competition for the Mario Andretti Drivers Championships and the Pro Team Championships, are being held together by duct tape and chewing gum, they ARE still alive, if only barely. In Americas, five drivers are still mathematically alive (Thunhorst, Warling, Quinn, Clement and Smith), but that number WILL get smaller after Milwaukee. Only Thunhorst controls his destiny and with a combined 628 pts available to him via drops he will be extremely difficult to catch. In Europe it's down to two drivers, Challiner vs Magnusson, but like Thunhorst, Challiner also

Kissing your sister

They say a tie is like kissing your sister, if so, what do you a call a race that ends with no winner? The European Region Michigan 400 was more than a bit rough through 185 laps. There was more ebb than flow as cautions did in fact breed cautions. Drivers simply could not escape the pack... until they did and that is where things got really interesting. Lap 187; Christian Challiner, Hayden Pastorius and Reidar Andresen have finally broken away and an epic 12 lap battle would ensue. As the laps ticked off the trio swapped places occasionally, encountered lapped cars, but were never separated by more than a fraction of a second. Challiner would (for the most part) maintain the point, but it w

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White YouTube Icon